Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Rapid Response Activity is a two-year project that seeks to improve stability in conflict affected areas, particularly in the northern West Bank. It aims to alleviate grievances, to strengthen communities’ abilities to withstand shocks and stressors, and to provide opportunities for youth impacted by violence and conflict. Managed under the GISR MENA mechanism, the activity will operate to respond to immediate and emergent needs, to improve short-term stability in specific geographic areas.
The Program Associate (PA) will be responsible for supporting strategic, technical, and operational needs at the activity level implementation with local partners and municipalities among others in coordination with the Program Specialist (PS) and Deputy Chief of Party for Programs (DCOP-P). The PA will support activity identification, oversee, and guide program partners from the start to the conclusion of activities and ensure fulfilment of acquired commitments and timely and adequate activity execution. The PA’s work site will be primarily in Jenin but will be able to travel to other municipalities/areas when required and authorized by the program. The PA will be supervised by the PS with ongoing technical guidance and support of the from the DCOP-Programs and will be based in Jenin.
- Develop activity concepts and discuss them with senior program leadership in line with the program objectives, and work with local organizations and partners and with grants and procurement teams to develop concepts into full activities.
- Provide strategic, technical, and operational support during the program’s execution and evaluation in coordination with PS.
- Support programmatic and technical aspects of the West Bank Rapid Response Activity.
- Monitor activities and grants in progress, including but not limited to attending coordination meetings and events, collecting information to support monitoring and evaluation, and drafting impact and progress reports.
- Support grantee adherence to grant agreements, implementation plan, budget, and execution timetable in coordination with the RR Grants Manager.
- Develop and maintain cordial, professional, and open relationships with local partners, counterparts, grantees, and local authorities.
- Assist in verifying satisfactory delivery to procurement team.
- Assure that every delivery of goods or services under activities has been coordinated and shared with the local partners in a timely manner.
- Ensure that during the activity implementation all the information needed for the activity close out such as pictures, documents, testimonies, and information are uploaded in real time.
- Coordinate all tasks related with the activity budgets closely with procurement and grants teams.
- Visit and report on project sites when authorized by the Program Specialist and/or DCOP-Programs.
- Contribute to the political analysis and security updates continuously.
- Support the coordination of the program’s events, conferences, and activities, including logistics and site selection.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, international development, organizational development, or related field is required.
- Minimum two years of experience supporting social impact projects at the local level, in coordination with local or national government entities required.
- Experience working in such roles with USAID projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of program planning and implementation required.
- Ability to work under difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness is required.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, events, and projects required.
- Ability to report for an activity or project in progress is required.
- Strong adaptability, communication, problem-solving, service-oriented, and interpersonal skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Ability to travel in high-risk areas is required.
- Fluency in Arabic is required. Proficiency in English is desirable.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
apply for job